Sunday, July 29, 2007

Ouch.

So last Thursday I was ironing my shirt for work.

Hold on. Back up.

I must explain....

I have a table-top ironing board that I have placed on my mini-fridge.

Also, a couple days before, I accidentally dripped bleach on my black work pants.

Okay, where was I?

So I was ironing my shirt for work. I finished this and then decided to try to color in the bleach sports with a black Sharpie. I stupidly decided to do this ON the ironing board. Before I knew it, the pressure I was putting on the ironing board by leaning on it caused the board to slip off my fridge and my iron to fall on my arm!!!

Yes, I'm quite sure they're 2nd degree burns.














Probably should have gone to the doctor, but I didn't. I've been doctoring it myself, and it seems to be healing just fine. My problem is that because I've been wearing a bandage in the same spot so often, I've started to have a reaction to the bandage and have now broken out around the burn.

Gerrrrr.

5 comments:

Tony said...

Ouch, indeed! You should still consider seeing a doctor. Also, this might sound a bit revolting but rubbing a little Preparation H on the burn actually helps!

Ms. Cynic said...

The burns are almost healed.....I just got some Benodryl for the part of my skin that broke.

Arghhh this has been such a long and stressful process!

:O)

Ms. Cynic said...

*broke out

The Ambiguous Blob said...

That's going to be a lovely "battle wound"

Ms. Cynic said...

One of my friends asked me if I had gotten one of those branding tattoos...I said, "Yes, do you like my triangle tattoo?"

Gimme a break!